HIGH-FRUCTOSE CORN SYRUP DAMAGES LEARNING ABILITIES, MEMORY
High-fructose corn syrup, a ubiquitous ingredient present in processed foods and sugary beverages across the globe, is a well-known health destroyer with ties to conditions like metabolic damage and cancer. Now, scientists have revealed that the substance — oftentimes genetically modified — may also be damaging the brain functions of consumers worldwide.
In fact, the official release goes as far to say that high-fructose corn syrup can make you ‘stupid’. Conducted by the UCLA and published in the peer-reviewed Journal of Physiology, the study is the first to demonstrate how a diet heavily concentrated with high-fructose corn syrup can hamper brain functions — particularly those associated with memory and learning.
MARK YOUR CALENDARS
- ASAP – CrossFit Stapleton shift to Zen Planner; This month CFS will be switching its on-line membership management system from MindBody to ZenPlanner. Please log-in to your account to make sure your info is correct, and help us in completing the shift. Thank you!
- Saturday, Aug. 24 – The Body Fat-Test mobile lab will be visiting CFS from 8-11 a.m. This is a great opportunity to find your baseline measurement of body fat percentage just before the start of the Whole Life Challenge. BUT HURRY, there are SPOTS ARE VERY LIMITED on the sign up sheet on the main white board. For $65 you will also get an “after” measurement of your body composition on Saturday, Nov. 16.
- Saturday, Aug. 31 – Final day to register for Girls Gone RX benefitting Barbells for Boobsand hosted by CrossFit Eminence in Thornton. Assemble your 3-person team and sign up today.
- Saturday, Sept. 7
- Whole Life Challenge Registration – The early, discounted registration period may be over, but there’s still plenty of time to register for the Fall 2013 Whole Life Challenge and get a great deal at the price of $49. Find out more about this 8 week fitness and lifestyle competition (where you can win cash and prizes!) here, and make a commitment to pushing yourself in every phase of your life.
- SFH Products on Sale! – From now until the kick-off of the Whole Life Challenge, all StrongerFasterHealthier products will be on sale at CFS for a ridiculously awesome 15% off!! SFH items available at the CFS include Recovery and Pure protein as well as Fish Oils. To purchase, simply sign out the product you are taking and your account will be billed.
A. EMOM – Snatch Grip dead lift x 3 TnG – 8mins 55-65% of 1rm
8 min AMRAP 80-90% effort smooth perfect form
7 DL 225/185# scale as needed
10 wall balls 20/14#
rest as needed
Row 500m tough in control
rest 3mins x 2
combined rows are score