Do you want to compete in a FUN!! and helpful TEAM competition?!!! Well here is your chance… Get a group together and lets get a few teams signed up!
We will have a team sign up sheet in the gym starting Monday. This is going to be a GREAT event benefitting an even GREATER cause… check it out below and then email Tayler@CrossFitStapleton.com if you want to start a team! She will help you get everything organized.
DO MORE Charity Challenge
Presented by Community Banks of Colorado.
October 3rd and 4th, 2015
We all have charity causes that we believe in. The Do More Charity Challenge allows you to choose the cause that YOU believe in and want to compete on behalf of. And if you do well, earn money for their cause.
It is a 6 person, two-day event that is going to be a lot of fun. Please see below for the details and if you have any questions, send an email to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Do More Charity Challenge is the only event in the CrossFit world where you can earn money for your charity of choice with your athletic performance. We are raising $100,000 in sponsorship dollars for the prize purse. (As of May 1st, we are currently almost half way there.) We will be awarding that $100k to the top 10 teams Charity of Choice.
[CHOOSE YOUR TEAM]
• Teams of 6 athletes (3 men and 3 women)
• Cumulative ages must be at least 225 years
[CHOOSE YOUR CHARITY]
• Teams can compete on behalf of any charity that they feel passionate about
• Charity must be a 501(c)(3) registered non-profit organization
• We encourage teams to visit ColoradoGives.org and choose from one of the many organizations on their website to receive streamlined distributions to the teams’ charities, as well as additional fundraising tools
• If your charity of choice is not registered with ColoradoGives.org, it is easy and free for them to sign up – please ask us how
• Registration opens June 1 at 9 am MST
• Only 36 teams can compete, so spots will fill up fast
• Go to FrontRangeCrossFit.com to register your team and charity
• Team registration is $600
[START RAISING MONEY]
• To help manage your fundraising efforts, you can create a fundraising page at ColoradoGives.org when you choose a charity from their website
o Select “Fundraise” then “Create Account”
o There’s a helpful tutorial and FAQs explaining how to create your page and make the most of your fundraising efforts
• There are some fun, creative ways to raise money for your charity including silent auctions, garage sales, car washes, etc.
• There are no restrictions on how you raise your money
• Remember, the first scored event is how much money each team raised for its charity
• Event 1 is how much your team raised for your charity
• Events 2 – 8 are athletic events that will vary in difficulty
o There will be 3 two-person events, 2 four-person events and 2 six-person events
o Each athlete will be required to do 1 two-person event, 1 four-person event and both six-person events
• Each team will need to have one male and one female athlete that can:
o Perform as prescribed all the events programmed in the 2015 CrossFit Open (games.crossfit.com)
o Perform chin over pull-ups and most CrossFit workouts as prescribed
o Run, row, burpee, jump, deadlift and carry objects
• Scoring will be based on a point placement system
• All events are equally weighted and the team with the lowest
cumulative number of your placements across all 8 scored events wins
• One championship team will receive $22,000 to give to their chosen
charity in addition to the money they raised*
• Nine runner-up teams will give sponsor dollars to their chosen charities
in addition to the money they raised
[TOP 10 TEAM PRIZE DISTRIBUTION]
Thanks to the support of generous sponsors who have contributed to prize money, our goal is to distribute as much as $100,000 to the top 10 team’s Charity upon the completion of the competition on Sunday, October 4. In addition to the money teams raised for their charities, the prize money will be distributed as follows:
Percentage of prize money contributed by sponsors*
Amount of prize money contributed by sponsors*
First place 22% $22,000
Second place 18% $18,000
Third place 15% $15,000
Fourth place 12% $12,000
Fifth place 9% $9,000
Sixth place 8% $8,000
Seventh place 6% $6,000
Eighth place 5% $5,000
Ninth place 3% $3,000
Tenth place 2% $2,000
*Examples based on $100,000 sponsor contributions
Want to get involved with the Do More Charity Challenge?
Do More Charity Challenge Sponsorship Manager
Twitter and Instagram:
CROSSFIT/BOOTCAMP RX CLASSES:
WOD – Partner Battles:
After each Round, athletes switch partners. There is a 3 minute rest between each Round, whoever has more reps at the end of each round wins that face-off.
1 Minute Burpees
1 Minute KB Swings (55/35)
1 Minute 100m Sprints
1 Minute Calorie Row or Run Sprints (cone to cone)
1 Minute Ball Slams (30/20)
1 Minute Pushups
1 Minute Wall Balls (20/14)
1 Minute DUs (sub singles)
1 Minute Walking Lunges
1 mile run as class