The Paleo Kitchen Pumpkin Waffles
- 2 large bananas, mashed
- 1⁄2 cup (120 ml) pumpkin puree
- 5 large eggs
- 1⁄2 cup (125 grams) almond butter
- 1⁄4 cup (50 grams) melted coconut oil, plus more for greasing the waffle iron
- 1⁄2 cup (75 grams) coconut flour
- 2 tablespoons pumpkin pie spice
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- pinch of fine-grain sea salt
- maple syrup, for serving
- Preheat the waffle iron.
- Combine the bananas, pumpkin puree, eggs, almond butter, and coconut oil in a food processor or blender and mix well until the bananas are well blended with the other ingredients. Once smooth, add the coconut flour, pumpkin pie spice, baking soda, baking powder, vanilla, and salt and blend until well mixed.
- Lightly brush the waffle iron with the melted coconut oil. Using the waffle manufacturer’s guidelines for suggested cup [milliliter] quantity, ladle the batter into the preheated and greased waffle maker and spread it evenly across the surface, leaving a 1⁄2-inch (12-mm) border (the batter will spread with you close the lid). Cook, following the manufacturer’s directions, and when done set aside on a plate and keep warm while you cook the remaining waffles.
Yields 5 waffles
Fun Team WOD! In teams of four…
4000m Row alternating every 250m
10 KB Swings
10 Ring Rows
One team member per skill and switch once all 10 reps are complete by all members
3:00 Hang Clean Relay
One person at a time completes one rep. If any member drops the bar, each member completes 10 burpees before continuing.