‘Tis the FALL season…
A very exciting time for many reasons! Some happen to include: brisk weather, football time, lattes?, need I say more?!
IT IS PUMPKIN SPICE LATTE SEASON!!!
Although Starbucks has changed its recipe (once again) to include REAL pumpkin this year, a few of you may be looking for an even more PALEO option. Check out this recipe from Against All Grain… Its sure to spice up your day and get you in the zone for football, chilly weather, and all of the other awesome fall happenings.
Pumpkin Spice Latte
Danielle Walker – AgainstAllGrain.com
PREP TIME: 5 mins
COOK TIME: 5 mins TOTAL TIME: 10 mins
- 2 cups dark brewed coffee or espresso
- 3/4 cup almond milk
- 3/4 cup coconut milk
- 1/3 cup Grade B maple syrup
- 3 tablespoons pumpkin puree
- 1 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
Note: You can also prepare it without the coffee and keep it in your refrigerator to use like a coffee creamer. Just blend it up quickly with a hand blender or blender when you add it to your coffee. This creamer works well with chai tea as well.
- Combine all of the ingredients in a saucepan over medium-high heat. Simmer for 5 minutes, whisking occasionally, until heated through and slightly frothy on top.
- Carefully transfer the liquid to a blender and cover the top with a towel. Blend on high for 30 seconds until foamy. Alternatively, use an immersion blender in the pot.
- Divide between 4 mugs.
A) Five sets of:
Floor Press x 5 reps @ 20X1
Rest 1-2 minutes between sets and use that time to work mobility and prepare for part
B) Four rounds for time of:
10 Ring Dips
20 Toes to Bar
A) Every 2 minutes, for 20 minutes (5 sets of each):
Station 1 – Back Squat x 6 reps @ 30X1
Station 2 – Strict Supinated-Grip Pull-Ups x 6 reps @ 21X0
(add weight if possible)
B) Five rounds for time of:
12 Push Presses (95/65 lbs)
12 Kettlebell Swings (32/24 kg)
BOOTCAMP RX CLASS:
5 KB Overhead Squats per Arm (24/16) – if too difficult, have them hold KB with both hands
20 Box Jumps (24/20)
Rest 2… then…
10 Renegade Rows (30/20)
15 DB Thrusters (30/20)
20 Double Unders (sub attempts)
Rest 2… then…
10 KB Swings (24/16)
10 Goblet Squats (24/16)
10 Burpee over the KB’s