HAPPY VETERANS DAY CFS
WOD FOR WARRIORS
The WOD – Armistice
9 minute AMRAP (As many rounds as possible)
11 air squats
22 air squats
33 air squats
*add 11 to the sit-ups and air squats for each additional round
– 2-minutes of rest, followed by:
9 minute AMRAP
11 box jumps (RX 24”/20”)
22 box jumps (RX 24”/20”)
33 box jumps (RX 24”/20”)
*add 11 to the pushups and box jumps for each round
What is WOD with Warriors?
WOD with Warriors is a functional fitness tribute workout held twice a year on Veterans and Memorial Day at gyms all throughout the country. WOD with Warriors supports Team Red, White and Blue, whose mission is to enrich the lives of America’s veterans by connecting them to their communities through physical and social activity.
1. To help people remember and observe Veterans Day in a respectful, reflecting, meaningful way.
2. To provide an opportunity for veterans to connect to members of their community through functional fitness.
About Armistice – Veterans Day WOD
On the 11th hour of the 11th day of the 11th month of 1918, an armistice, or temporary cessation of hostilities, was declared between the Allied nations and Germany in the First World War. This Armistice Day was later re-named to Veterans Day.
At exactly 11 a.m., each November 11th, a color guard, made up of members from each of the military branches, renders honors to America’s war dead during a ceremony at the Tomb of the Unknowns in Arlington National Cemetery.
– The 11-based rep scheme represents the rich history of Veterans Day.
– The two-minutes of rest/reflection represents this moment of silence at the tomb of the unknowns.
– The 1st round of work represents Veterans of wars past, and the 2nd round of work represents Veterans of present and future wars
– Modified versions of classic military exercises are meant to help connect Veterans and the greater community to connect after the accomplishment of shared hardship during this WOD.