Tuna & Quinoa Salad w/ Avocado Dressing
For the Salad
- 1 C tri-colored quinoa (dry)
- 1/2 red onion (peeled and diced small)
- 1 hothouse cucumber (diced small)
- 1 pint grape tomatoes (quartered)
- 1 C nap pea (chopped fine)
- 2 (5oz cans) tuna (in EVOO)
For the Dressing
- 2 T coconut cream (full fat)
- 1/4 C cilantro (leaves only)
- 1/4 C basil (leaves only)
- 1 lime (zested & juiced)
- 1 clove garlic (peeled)
- To taste salt/pepper
- Cook quinoa according to package instructions.
- While the quinoa cooks, make your dressing. In a food processor blend avocado, coconut cream, cilantro, basil, lime juice, garlic clove, and a pinch of salt and pepper. Blend on high until smooth – set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl toss red onion, cucumber, tomatoes, snap peas, and tuna (DRAINED!) together. Once the quinoa is cooked add that to the bowl. Toss tuna, veggies and quinoa together well.
- Add 3/4 dressing and toss. Taste and add more dressing/seasoning as you desire.